Thursday, March 12, 2015

{ Impression Obsession Design Team Thursday }

I hope you enjoyed our three day die blog hop. Make sure you check Impression Obsession blog for winners.

Today is my turn to share a project using Impression Obsession stamps and die and it’s not a card. I am participating in Documented Life Project over at Art to the 5th. Each week there is a different challenge and the page I am sharing today is week 7. I am a little behind, but that is OK.

Here is the finished page. I will show you the process in photos. It’s all about the layers. I just start and keep adding until it looks complete to me. Let me know in the comments if you have any questions.

Mixed media page finished Happiness by Daniela Dobson

Here is how it started.
I used four different Faber-Castell Gelatos as a base that I added water to. Once it was dry I added white paint with a card.  The circles were next, painted with acrylic paint and then more of the same color added to the page with the card.

Happiness step 1 by Daniela Dobson

Here is the left side of the page. This is where I outlined the painted circles and started adding stamps. You can see a complete list, with links, at the bottom of this post of all the stamps I used.

Happiness step 2 by Daniela Dobson

I sprayed color shine over The Crafters Workshop stencil and toned everything down by adding white paint.

Happiness step 3 by Daniela Dobson

I added a quote I found on Pinterest using some alphabet letters from my stash. More stamping.

Happiness step 4 by Daniela Dobson

I die cut several Hollyhocks and added them to the right side. I added more paint and washi tape.

Happiness step 5 by Daniela Dobson

Happiness left side by Daniela Dobson

Here are close ups of the finished sides. I outlined the quote and the Hollyhocks. I changed the chevron circles, if you noticed. I tried painting them with orange Gelato, then orange paint, then I just added white paint to cover everything up and stamped the Grunge Circle 2.

Happiness right side by Daniela Dobson

That is all from me today. I hope you enjoyed my project. Let me know if you have any questions.

Supplies:

Really Useful Stamps – Stripes
Really Useful Stamps – Circles
Wood Alphabet
Number Strip
Chevrons
Grunge Circle 2
Hollyhocks die
Julie Balzer Mini Layered Beads

3 comments:

  1. Very creative and colorful mixed media design! It's beautiful, Daniela!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful art journal Daniela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, I love it! Great colors and love the IO stamps and dies that you used!! Very inspiring, maybe someday I will try this too. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.