Sunday, October 14, 2012

{ CAS(E) this Sketch! Challenge #1 }

My team member Jackie started a new challenge blog called CAS(E) this Sketch! I loved the sketch for this first challenge and I thought I would give it a try. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I am not clean and simple, at all. This was really a challenge. I like to pile things on my cards.

I hope this will work and I won’t get disqualified, LOL. Jackie, go easy on me. I ended up making two cards.

This first one I created using My Mind’s Eye The Sweetest Thing collection. If you missed my review and my projects you can see them on The Scrap Review blog.
I started with two strips of washi tape. Punched circles with a punch (I know, I didn’t use my Cameo – shocked!). I stitched the circles with my sewing machine and added the layered sticker embellishment. I stamped my sentiment and added the enamel dots, that I love.

This card fits perfectly for My Mind’s Eye October challenge, to incorporate stamps into a project and Simon Says ,,,,, DIES and/or PUNCHES challenge.

This next card uses brand new December Daily stamp set by Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday. This will be available in Studio Calico December Daily kit.

For this card I used tape again, it’s not washi, but clear tape that I picked up at Target or Walmart. I used two different stamps, one above and one below the tape. The flower is from an old holiday set from Making Memories. Then I stamped the little greater-than sign, or arrow part, not sure what to call it, on white cardstock. I cut the strips and tucked them under the flower.

That is all from me today. Have a great Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. Both are just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniela, these are gorrrgeous! Fabulous design on the first, and such great colors on the second... wow! :) Thanks so much for participating in the 'Punches & Dies' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Cameo, I am SHOCKED! LOL! You should try CAS more often, you ROCKED this challenge! The first one has just the right amount of layers, colors and textures. I love the repeating patterns and the numbers in the second. So glad you played along with us Daniela!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both amazing! I love all the dimension and pattern. It really keeps your eye interested. It's been wonderful having you join us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. My fav is the second card. Beautiful pattern papers. Love them. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS(E)this Sketch:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:31 PM

    These cards are SO beautiful, my friend! I love the first card the most! I'm so glad you played along! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.