Saturday, June 11, 2011

{ June Color Challenge }


My first assignment at Citrus Tree Studio is to do a color challenge. I love doing color challenges and I am really excited about this one.


Here is my challenge photo...taken several years ago in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I pulled the colors from the photo for my color swatches.



I used a mixture of products for this layout: My Mind's Eye patterned paper, Sassafras Lass and October Afternoon stickers, SEI and My Mind's Eye die cuts, Martha Stewart twine, Maya Road chipboard, Jenni Bowlin butterfly and some letter stickers.

My title base is a journaling note stamp from Impression Obsession called Journaling I that was stamped with Wood Grain Cover-a-card background.

I used my Sizzix star die cut for the denim star. I embossed the top of my Core'dinations cardstock with Fiskars texture plate. Do you remember those, they are plastic and have a different texture on each side. It adds perfect texture to the layout and it makes it look like "rain". After I embossed the lines I used my sand paper to reveal the core color.


If you would like to participate stop by our Challenge board for all the rules.

You have until July 5th at midnight to upload your layout to the June '11 Challenge area of the gallery and link a photo of it back to the challenge thread for a chance at that awesome paper pack!!

7 comments:

  1. I really love the page, & how you incorporated the colors of the photo. Sweet pictures, too! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice inspo photo, daniela. i adore chile ristas. and i'm loving your interpretation. classic, fresh, fun...very hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:04 PM

    WOW Daniella what a perfect page! And the pictures are so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun LO Daniela! Cute photos and love the denim star and pretty butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling layout! congratulations on therm-o-web, i look forward to working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colors on this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.