Wednesday, June 30, 2010

{ Impression Obsession DT challenge - Lazy Days of Summer }

Hello and welcome to another Impression Obsession DT challenge. You know, we have challenges every other week - DETAILS HERE - if you play you could win a $25 gift certificate to the Impression Obsession store.

For this card I wanted to try a round card for the Mojo Monday 145 sketch. It is so easy now that I have my Cricut Expression. I used scalloped circle Nestie SVG file from Penny Duncan Creations. Using my SCAL I welded the two shapes together to make a card. The Core'dinations cardstock is embossed with Cuttlebug embossing folder. 


 I stamped blue patterned paper with Cover-a-Card Distressed Corduroy (CC047) using blue ink. I love the way that looks and I will be using that stamp again! The yellow crepe paper is left over from my Summer Mini kit  that I am giving away.


Flower 1 (C5571) was stamped with Scarlet Glimmer Mist and cut out. It was left over from another project. I added Sunshine Yellow Flower Soft to the flower center.
The butterfly is from Lucky Ladybugs stamp set (CL208). I added Sunshine Yellow, Delphinium Blue and Sage Ultra Fina Flower Soft to the butterfly.


The Journaling I (WP165) note background is stamped with Cover-a-card Roses (CC043). The sentiment is from Summer Seals (CL107) stamp set . I tucked a little stamped scallop behind the flower and that is from Happiness Is? (CL122).

Wow, how many stamp sets did I use? My favorites are always around so I reach for them. Plus, when I make things I experiment and save little bits and pieces that I later use on other projects. Flower, journaling note and the scalloped circle...all left over from different projects.

---->>I hope you'll take the time to visit the other designers' blogs for inspiration!  Jeanne,  JulieDina, ShirleyKathyRosemary, and Jenny.

***Would you like to see your card featured on the Impression Obsession blog? Email your challenge cards using Impression Obsession images to Shirley. Every week, cards will be selected to showcase on the Impression Obsession blog!!!
 You have until midnight this Saturday to enter your card. A random winner will be selected from the submissions to receive a $25 Impression Obsession gift certificate! You can find all the info HERE.

9 comments:

  1. This is just too cute! I really like the streamer you put on your card, great idea;0) The colors are fabulous...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so incredibly cheery Miss Daniela! Love the bright and spunky colors and all the texture in this one -- that flower soft is a fun add! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Really like that corderoy cover a card. This card has so many nice details...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, Danielle! You have such a way with anything you touch! Your flower and butterfly are just perfect with those background DPs and crepe paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful Daniela! The colors are amazing!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards.I like the bright cheery colors and the embellishments. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Love the fresh, summery colors, and I love your little banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so packed full of details and funs tuff.... totally summery vibe too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! I love the shape of this card! The crepe paper trim is adorable and the butterfly is FABULOUS!!!
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.