Monday, December 28, 2009

{ My Scrapbook Nook January kit, Project 365 - week 47 }

We are back to our regular schedule. Christmas days were filled with relaxation, food, playing with toys, reading magazines, watching TV, eating more food. I loved every moment.

My Scrapbook Nook January kit arrived the day before Christmas. I finally got to play with it last night. I just adore this Cupid Collection by Pink Paislee. I think it's the colors.

I always wanted to have a little wall hanging like this and I finally made one. All the little elements are hand cut by me. The chipboard cloud base is an album I had laying around. I made the "trees" using 1" and 3/4" circle punch and I stamped the stems.

After I adhered the paper to my chipboard base I sanded the edges and then painted all around with Bubble Gum Shimmerz and Hi Ho Silver Shimmerz Blingz. I have a bag of make-up sponge wedges to use for dabbing and painting. They are inexpensive and I can wash them out and reuse.

I used fabric glue to gather and adhere the lace trim on the bottom edge. The home sentiment is by Melissa Frances that I had sitting around waiting for a project like this.

The clouds are hand drawn and cut from patterned paper. I painted each one with Hi Ho Silver Blingz. I added Hi Ho Silver Blingz to the roof, as well. Blingz is just like Shimmerz, except they have more sparkle and are thicker than Shimmerz. That is why you can see nice, big sparkles on my project. All the little gems are from Making Memories box of gems, that comes in the kit! I love it.

Come check out the January kit. I know that this new collection is very popular. Valentines Day is coming and I hope to make some cute gifts and cards.

Do you want to design with these great kits? My Scrapbook Nook has a Design Team call right now. Check out the details.

Project 365 - week 47.

11.16 - we went for a nature walk with our little group. It was the first, really cold day of the season. 11.17 - Alex helping with the groceries. 11.18 - relaxing on the couch. 11.19 - another haircut. He did cry, but then he discovered the lollipop and everything was better. 11.20 - on our way to Casa Manana to see Santa Claus is Coming to Town. We all piled up in one car, thanks Tara. Alex and his friends Chloe and Emma. 11.21 - Alex showing off my bracelet that he was wearing. 11.22 - I forgot to take a photo so I got one of him sleeping. It was only 9:30. I have been taking photos every day, but I also make sure that I have a photo of Alex for each day.

This week is going to be busy with new projects and more photos, so get ready.

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate all your sweet comments and messages.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:25 AM

    gorgeous daniela and I LOVE THOSE PICS-he is such a cutie :)

    xoxo
    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Daniela.... darling children too.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is super cute daniela!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an adorable project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful project! I love it!d

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.